Getting backlinks and increase the link popularity of your site is the most important thing in a search engine optimization campaign. Improving link popularity is part of the offsite optimization process. Although onsite optimization process is the basic of search engine optimization, good offsite optimization is the key to good organic ranking success.
Without backlinks, your site will lose out to competitors with good link popularity. Especially to rank well on Google, you need to have good link popularity for your site. Not just by getting any link to link back to your site, you need to get quality backlinks. If your site provides air-conditioner services, getting a site in the air-conditioner industry to link back to you will give your site more points on link popularity than getting a catering site to link back to you.
There are many ways to get backlinks for your site. Let us discuss some of the most effective ways to do it:
1. Articles. Writing articles and submitting to popular article directories is one of the best ways to get more backlinks. Do make sure to include keyword-rich anchor texts in the author resource box of your articles.
2. Directories submission. Submit your site to the popular directories such as Yahoo! and DMOZ to get quality backlinks pointing back to your site. There are only some directories that really matter. Again, it is the quality that counts, not the quantity.
3. Link exchange. Request for a link exchange with other webmasters who have information on their sites that are related to what you are offering on your website. This is called reciprocal linking and it helps to boost your site’s SEO performance.
4. Forums. Find forums that are related to your site and join their community. Attach a signature that links back to your site for every discussion that you post in the forum.
5. Blog comments. You can add comments to blog that have content related to your site. Make sure that you do not spam. Read the blog post and give valuable feedback and comment in exchange with a backlink to your site.
6. Get people to link to you. In order to get people to link to you, you need to create quality content on your site. Your content must be compelling and useful and in some cases even controversial that people will want to link to.
With time and experimentation, the number of backlinks to your site will definitely developed which will result in good organic ranking for your site.